You can use this technique with your donut skirt pattern to create a double circle skirt with any fabric you like. It is heavy on fabric consumption but for the right occasion it can be an absolute show stopper with epic twirl factor!
Download the Butterfly Skirt waist cut guide pattern piece here.
You can attach your double butterfly circle skirt to:
- Donut Skirt/Mermaid Skirt (free patterns) waistband to create a skirt
- Spandex Skater Dress bodice to create a racer back, racer front or classic skater dress
- Sleeved Skater Dress bodice to create a flutter sleeve, mini sleeve, short sleeve or long sleeved skater dress
1. Carefully cut around outline of 2 sets of wings. A subtle outline has been added to your fabric panel which can be used as a cut guide.
2. Fold wings in half aligning hem.
Use waist cut pattern piece to cut waist opening.
Mark side seams and centre front/back on waist.
The waist is tiny and it is not going to seem right, but roll with it!!
3. Cut along ONE side seam from hem to waist on each set of wings.
4. With right sides facing, align the cut side seams and stitch wings together along each of the side seams using seam techniques from skater skirt patterns.
3. Open skirt out and attach to your BOO! Skater Dress bodice or BOO! Donut Skirt/Mermaid Skirt waistband.